Ever wonder why small business owners never seem to get the same great results as professional SEO services? Well today we are going to share the top 10 best kept SEO secrets you never even knew existed. As a social media management agency it might sound a bit odd to tackle SEO related topics but keep reading because we think you will agree…the results are not only surprising but downright shocking! Not only is social media a major part of SEO success but it’s one of the least understood segments of every modern marketing campaign. In short, don’t expect your SEO company to share these insights anytime soon. Ready to take your SEO to the next level? Keep reading to discover the top 10 best kept SEO secrets able to transform a dull site into a dynamic selling machine.
1. Get Googled. Unlike nearly every other social media site, Google+ was built with business in mind from inception. Why does that matter? Well, to begin with, Google+ content is given top billing when it comes to SEO results. Yes, you read that right…Google+ not only ranks higher but is viewed more often, indexed faster and given priority status for search. What does that mean for the user? A Lot! Try out this little test to see for yourself: if you are a Google+ user (if you are not a Google+ user, try this activity with someone that is), perform a Google search for your name. Tally up the top 100 results to see how many come from Google+, how many from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter etc…you will quickly realize that Google+ dominates SEO results. Clearly Google+ is not only a great social media site but a ‘must have’ social media presence for those interested in maximizing SEO results.
2. Link It. Many other SEO related sites require a certain number of points or participation prior to being able to utilize profile links…not so with Google+. Embed links directly into your profile, link to other profiles across the net and even designate desired anchor text. Why is this important? Think about how nice it would be to use embedded links every time someone shares your social media content. The more other share, the more valuable each and every posted social media message becomes…each with a direct link back to your profile!
3. Link It Again. Love the above profile link idea? Google doesn’t just stop there…by allowing users to embed links in every post, ever social media post takes on a unique life of its very own. Better yet, there are no limits to the number of links you can post making it an exceptional method of increasing visibility. Because each acts as its own unique bit of content, every time the post is shared, linked and +1 it grows exponentially in SEO value.
4. Great G+ Titles. Remember having to hand-code all those time consuming meta-tags in the early days of SEO? Today’s version is an optimized Google Title tag. Don’t despair…it’s not difficult although perhaps a bit tedious would be more accurate. Then again, that is one reason you pay to outsource SEO and social media management services…to get great results without the tedious time consuming work.
5. Update. Ever had something go viral only to later become outdated? It’s a fairly common problem with a simple enough solution; include the ability to edit the original post while retaining the terrific rankings. Sadly, very few social media sites allow such options resulting in an even shorter long-term lifespan than necessary. Fortunately there is one social media site which is progressive enough to understand the need to edit without starting from scratch in terms of popularity and views…Google+. Update title tags, attach new media or simply update the text without worry of erasing all the prior visibility and ratings.
6. The Need for Speed. Indexing has always been one of those areas where professional SEO services excelled; in fact, in the early days of the Internet major business owners paid professional SEO services almost exclusively for the ability to hand-submit individual links for faster indexing (if you can imagine!). Since “time is money”, the need for speed was always recognized as a valid SEO expenditure with a well defined ROI. Fortunately, Google+ users have a distinctive advantage when publishing content…nearly every URL or bit of content is almost instantly updated thanks to Google’s prioritization for Google+ content. Always share new content on Google+ to get nearly instant index updates and maximize SEO results.
7. Birds of a Feather Flock Together. It’s an old saying but one that still rings true even in the modern age of social media; want to attract the attention of a mover and shaker? Mention them in a post. Want to alert someone special about a new article or item of interest…share direct. Tag people or photo’s, share your experience or expertise and simply collaborate with others. It’s super simple thanks to Google+ notification alerts. Just be sure to keep it relevant and use judiciously…spam is a sure-fire way to get all the wrong sort of attention.
8. Trick Out Your Profile Pictures! Betcha never tried this one but it does indeed work. Best of all, it’s a simple yet effective way to connect with others. Researchers have found that humans are hard-wired to respond to a friendly face…in fact, it’s one reason many experts believe Facebook became a household name while MySpace simply drifted off and lost its place. Optimizing author or profile pictures results in greater click-through rates and increased interaction. Use a nice looking head-shot and optimize the author tag with appropriate meta data.
9. Follow the Numbers. Social media and SEO firms alike live by the numbers…at least those that are doing it right. Google Analytics is a great place to start or try out more robust, dedicated platforms for enhanced metrics. Just be sure to act on the information.
10. Lead – Don’t Follow. Last but not least, the best SEO results come from those that lead the pack rather than follow others. The best SEO ratings and social media results come from unique, original content that is fun, informative, creative and insightful. Of all those, original and unique are perhaps the most important. Invest in the best and leave the rest to the experts. It’s a simple but highly effective solution to obtaining the best SEO and social media results possible.