Pam Moore of Social Media Today put together a very good list of tips to keep your Social Media agenda on track.
Attitude and mindset are often the key to success in life. With the right mindset you can learn new things, take on mountains, lead teams to success and accomplish more than you ever dreamed possible.
Becoming a social business is no easy task. It’s going to take smart thinking, dedication, teamwork, integration, getting real with the skeletons in the closet, and a “can do” attitude. The social ecosystem is still evolving. Acknowledging that change is the only real guarantee is a good first step. If you are seeking benefit from social media but are having a difficult time in finding such, you might want to spend a day deep in thought, looking in the mirror versus a day of analyzing Facebook insights and Google Analytics.
Could it possibly be your mindset that is holding you back from your own success?
Here are 25 tips to a healthy social business mindset for the social CEO or any business leader serious about social business.
25 Tips for a Healthy Social Business Mindset
1. Social business is a journey not a destination. There is no short cut to social business easy street or a magic pill that can get you there over night, with no effort. Embrace the journey.
2. Social business is still being defined. If you want a text book definition, roadmap and 3-day succinct course on how to be a social business, it may be awhile before you find it. The social ecosystem is still evolving and even those living, breathing and sleeping this stuff are still figuring out exactly what it means to us, what and how we integrate. Check out this post “Definition of Social Business?” where I take a stab at a definition for social business.
3. Thinking is a requirement, not an option. Nope, you can’t throw the action of “get social” at the new intern and expect exponential results. Best thing you can do is roll up your sleeves and get ready to work.
4. Social media is not just about you. Think teams and community, not silos, interruption marketing and spam coupons.
5. Perfection is enemy of good. If you wait until everything is perfect, chances are you’ll be waiting a long time.
6. Change is guaranteed. There is only one guarantee with social media and that is change. Just as you learn a new tool or technology, it is bound to change. Accept it and know you’ll be in a constant state of learning and growing. It’s alright as we’re all right there with ya’!